As your mother probably told you, you should never, ever give away your age…and you don’t have to… even though time, the environment, genetics and the sun have left you with age-revealing spots.
The perfect solution is within reach. It’s a non-invasive, breakthrough treatment called IPL FotoFacial™, Intense Pulsed Light or PhotoRejuvenation therapy.
We use it to rejuvenate your facial skin, treat age spots, active acne and patches of dark pigment. Additionally, an IPL FotoFacial™ can rejuvenate the skin of your neck, chest or other body areas that show signs of irregular pigmentation, redness or sun-induced aging. It can also be used to treat the appearance of mild acne scars, broken capillaries, dark circles under your eyes, irregular pigmentation and freckles.
- Age spots are usually harmless but they can definitely give away your age.
- Age Spots typically appear on skin that has had the most exposure over the years to the sun’s ultraviolet light…your face, the backs of your hands, your shoulders and neck.
- They are usually small and flat but they can group together making them appear even larger.
An IPL FotoFacial™ works by emitting wavelengths of light that are absorbed by brown spots, veins, and red spots. These lesions are gently heated and destroyed. The area to be treated is prepared with a cool gel. Then a hand-piece is used to gently pulse an intense light over the area, penetrating the skin and destroying the melanin-producing cells. The generated heat impairs the vessels or lesions without damaging the skin’s surface.
- Each treatment takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After treatment, the skin is cleaned and a sun block applied.
- Healing begins immediately. The lesions may darken before they flake off or are absorbed by the body.
- For best results, the treatment is administered in four to six procedures at three-week intervals.
- Discomfort is minimal and most of our patients are able to resume their normal activities immediately.
- Sunblock must be worn for at least a month following the treatment.
Want to know more? Call to request a consultation, today: (414) 443-0033.