The anti-aging industry is a multi-billion dollar business and research indicates it’s just getting bigger. The growth is due, in large part, to the population of aging baby boomers. It’s also due to the aging male’s increasing interest in looking younger. The number of men opting for cosmetic surgery, visiting hair salons, and requesting injectable treatments is growing each year.
Here a few simple things men can do to slow the effects of aging:
Basic skin care is a great place to start.
- Clean and moisturize. Using a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day will help you look younger. Dry skin exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Stay hydrated. Six to eight cups of water a day is suggested. Water helps give your skin a more youthful appearance.
- Avoid the sun. Always wear sunscreen. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative and causes wrinkles and age spots that give away your age.
Make healthy lifestyle choices.
- A good night’s sleep is important for how you look and feel. Most adults need seven to nine hours every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older. Short naps are a good thing if you can sneak one in each day.
- Daily exercise will help you maintain body tone, balance and flexibility – important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and also for your brain. Men who are fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby.
- Eat clean and healthy. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Quit smoking. Smoking creates fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth and eyes. It also stains your teeth, dulls your skin and can cause serious health problems that rapidly age you.
Nobody wants to look old. Milwaukee men: give us a call and let us discuss the many anti-aging treatment options we offer: (414) 443-0033.