As you bid summer a fond farewell and dig your sweaters out of your closet in anticipation of fall and winter, why not treat yourself to one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world – a chemical peel.
Chemical facial peels are trending now because they are quick, affordable and are performed as an outpatient procedure.
As you age, your skin begins to show the effects of genetics, depleted hormones and the environment. Peels remove the damaged outer layers of your skin and are an effective treatment for uneven skin pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, acne and it’s scars, sun-damaged skin and pre-cancerous growths. A chemical peel will leave your skin with a healthy, younger-looking glow – just in time for the holidays.
A chemical peel is a controlled injury which causes your skin cells to separate and exfoliation to begin. A peel uses an acid solution to remove the damaged, outer layers of your skin, enhancing and smoothing your skin’s texture. Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol are applied to your skin, depending on the condition being treated and your unique skin type.
Dr. Dembny offers a variety of peels and will evaluate your skin and tailor a formula and strength to your unique needs to ensure the most desirable results.
- Medications will be administered for your comfort during treatment.
- When the treatment is completed, your resurfaced skin will be covered with a protective ointment.
- Your skin will begin to peel 2-5 days after the treatment. Wash the peel area gently with a mild cleanser, and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Seven to 10 days after the procedure, your new pink skin will emerge.
- The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive…avoidance of exposure to sunlight until the pinkness fades is critical; the use of sun block a must!
- The amount of time it takes for a full recovery varies with each patient.
Would you like to know more? Call for consultation appointment with Dr. Dembny.
Now is the perfect time for a chemical peel: (414) 443-0033.