Well, it’s true. Everybody ages. The hands of time cannot be halted but, happily, there is a perfect way to improve the appearance of the fine facial wrinkles and lines associated with the passage of time. It’s advantages are renown…it’s the most popular aesthetic treatment in the world…it’s Botox® – a purified form of botulinum toxin A – and, incidentally, it carries no botulism risk when used properly.
How does Botox® work?
- It basically blocks the nerves that contract the facial muscles, softening the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox® is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t quite set, called dynamic wrinkles that appear while you’re moving the muscles of your face, such as when you smile and frown.
- Botox® lifts your brow making your face look less tired and definitely more youthful.
- Botox® is fast, easy, non-surgical and the best, minimally invasive solution for wrinkles in the forehead and around the mouth.
- You may not know this, but Botox® can also decrease excessive sweating. For some people, excess sweating under the arms is an embarrassing problem that must be dealt with on a day to day basis. A simple Botox® treatment can lessen the amount of sweat produced.
Want to try a Botox® treatment?
- If you take aspirin or ibuprofen, be sure to tell us before you schedule a treatment. These medications thin the blood and increase bleeding. Some natural supplements, such as fish oil, gingko, or vitamin E, also thin the blood. We may ask you not to take those supplements for two weeks before your treatment.
- Remember that “less is more.” We specialize in a natural, expressive look.
- “Botox® Parties” are not the time to try Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology or plastic surgery.
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox® treatments.
Don’t let summer pass you by without trying Botox® – call to schedule a consultation appointment, today, and get ready to receive many kudos and compliments: (414) 443-0033.